Keyword
in
Collection
Date
to
Women in the Soviet Union
Image 21
Citation
MLA
APA
Chicago/Turabian
Women in the Soviet Union - Image 21. 1929. Special Collections, University of Houston Libraries. University of Houston Digital Library. Web. August 4, 2020. https://digital.lib.uh.edu/collection/scpamp/item/3590/show/3528.

Disclaimer: This is a general citation for reference purposes. Please consult the most recent edition of your style manual for the proper formatting of the type of source you are citing. If the date given in the citation does not match the date on the digital item, use the more accurate date below the digital item.

(1929). Women in the Soviet Union - Image 21. Socialist and Communist Pamphlets. Special Collections, University of Houston Libraries. Retrieved from https://digital.lib.uh.edu/collection/scpamp/item/3590/show/3528

Disclaimer: This is a general citation for reference purposes. Please consult the most recent edition of your style manual for the proper formatting of the type of source you are citing. If the date given in the citation does not match the date on the digital item, use the more accurate date below the digital item.

Women in the Soviet Union - Image 21, 1929, Socialist and Communist Pamphlets, Special Collections, University of Houston Libraries, accessed August 4, 2020, https://digital.lib.uh.edu/collection/scpamp/item/3590/show/3528.

Disclaimer: This is a general citation for reference purposes. Please consult the most recent edition of your style manual for the proper formatting of the type of source you are citing. If the date given in the citation does not match the date on the digital item, use the more accurate date below the digital item.

URL
Embed Image
Compound Item Description
Title Women in the Soviet Union
Contributor (LCNAF)
  • Ni︠u︡rina, F. E. (Fanni Efimovna)
Contributor (Local)
  • Alexander, G. G. L.
Publisher Workers Library Publishers
Place of Creation (TGN)
  • New York, New York
Date 1929
Subject.Topical (LCSH)
  • Women
  • Congresses and conventions
Subject.Geographic (TGN)
  • Soviet Union
Genre (AAT)
  • pamphlets
Language English
Type (DCMI)
  • Text
  • Image
Original Item Extent 67 pages: illustrations; 18 cm
Original Item Location HQ1662.W6 1929
Original Item URL http://library.uh.edu/record=b8304548~S11
Original Collection Socialist and Communist Pamphlets
Digital Collection Socialist and Communist Pamphlets
Digital Collection URL http://digital.lib.uh.edu/collection/scpamp
Repository Special Collections, University of Houston Libraries
Repository URL http://libraries.uh.edu/branches/special-collections
Use and Reproduction In Copyright: This item is protected by copyright. Copyright to this resource is held by the creator or current rights holder, and the resource is provided here for educational purposes. It may not be reproduced or distributed in any format without permission of the copyright owner. Users assume full responsibility for any infringement of copyright or related rights.
File Name index.cpd
Item Description
Title Image 21
Format (IMT)
  • image/jpeg
File Name uhlib_7025254_020.jpg
Transcript SOVIET UNION factory workers, 25 women workers in Soviet offices, 20 housewives and 62 employees. 97.5 per cent of the 800 were members of Soviets; 73 per cent, of those attending the congress were non-Party, and 23 per cent, were Communists (C.P. and Y.C.L.) • The composition of the congress as regards nationality presented an extraordinary picture. Only 58 per cent, were Russians, the remaining 42 per cent, representing the various peoples in the Union. About 200 delegates came from the Eastern Soviet Republic. The Congress showed that tens of thousands of women workers and peasants are learning the difficult task of administration and government in that splendid university of the Soviet Power—" practical work in the Soviets." Among the 146,000 peasant women in the village Soviets and the 21,000 working women in the town Soviets, there are hundreds and thousands carrying out responsible, directive work, and many who are presidents of Soviets and Executive Committees. During the first year of their participation in the State apparatus, women workers and peasants limited their activities almost exclusively to those spheres most closely associated with their talents, customs and interests; health protection and popular education. But to-day they are doing their share of work in the economic sphere; the rationalisation of industry, economy measures, lowering prices and improving the administration of the Soviets, etc. It is true that the majority of women still concern themselves principally with questions directly connected with the upbringing of children, B