Does Our Nation's Ledger Go "INTO THE RED"?
In 1848, Karl Marx, in the Communist Manifesto, outlined the steps
necessary for a socialized state. The counterparts of many of his
doctrines have been proposed or enacted into law in this country.
From the Communist Manifesto —
1. Abolition of property in land and application of
all rents of land to public purposes.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all right of inheritance.
4. Confiscevtion of the property of all emigrants and
5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the state,
by means of a national bank with state capital
and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralization of the means of communication
and transport in the hands of the state.
/• Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of
the soil generally in accordance with ei common
8. Equal liability of all to labor. Establishment of
industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture xvith manufacturing
industries; gradual abolishment of the distinction
between town and country by a more equable
distribution of the population over the country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools.
Reprint of pamphlet published by the- Warner Electric
Brake <X: Clutch Company, Beloit, Wisconsin
From Present U. S. Programs —
1. Public housing projects are being built, owned
and operated by the federal government.
2. Federal taxes can take eip to 91 per cent of personal income.
3. Under the highest tax rate, the gewernment can
confiscate 77 per cent of the value eif em estate-
4. Tei date, no seizure of this type has been attempted here.
5. The federal government is in banking and financing with the Reconstruction Finance Corporation, the Federal land banks, the Federal Intermediate Credit Bank, ancl others.
O. Radio and television are tightly controlled by tl"'
government So are the railroads, truck and SI
lines. Federal barge lines operate in competition
with private carriers. Control of the press ha*
been attempted recently.
7. The government produces and sells electnj
power through the Tennessee Valley Authorflj
and the Rural Electrification Administration-
also sponsors irrigation projects ancl rigid crop
Forced labor has not been attempted so far.
Under guise of tbe defense effort, the "planner*
want industry "dispersed" tei rural areas.
Public schools have traditionally been orgai"/l'
and financed by individual states and ci"1'
However, federal aid to education opens "'
eleieir for eventual national domination of scl'""'
ance with the inexorable laws of supply and demand. Such
a consummation would destroy the Welfare State. It would
create a state welfare limited in abundance ancl variety
only by each individual's readiness to give honest and effi-
FACTS FORUM NEWS
Dalhes 1, Texas
You may enter my order for
THE BRITISH SOCIALIST 1
Palmer, .it sei.no tin- copy.
Ship via: □ Book Post
□ Fne-leisi-el finil S
LL-FARE STATE, by Cecil
□ Express □ Freight
to cover. □ Send C.O.I1.
Note-FACTS FORUM NEWS pays
charges when cash accompanies
cient service in return for honest ancl equitable rew;"
The problems elei not suggest great difficulties in soh't'0 I
The key to them all is the word "education" — spirit"'
ancl secular. •<
The object of America's enemies, within and withoU ' j
to overthrow capitalism, confiscate private property, at
destroy the liberty of the individual. If those things W*J
arc integral contributions to the American way ol h'l'' ' I
to be preserved, something a great deal more tangible't''
lip service to them is imperative. Further, if America lS
lead the world back into sanitv it must, as ei nece'^'
you _ r
,. ^o yoi
„ *°U ill;
nd all tl
beginning, purge itself of those evil trends ancl tenele'"1 .||
which, if they remain unchallenged and undefeated
eventually destroy Christian civilization. ,,
Can it be that there is neither hope nor help for "V
kind? I. for one, cannot believe that such a calamity >s .j
ultimate fate of the human race. My conviction is I
even at the eleventh hour humanity will, under rr jt
dence, save itself by its own exertions. If this be tn1 jI
follows logically that the question, "Will America *W
civilization?" answers itself affirmatively.
Facts Forum News, June,i
"dss< ,';' p
'N, "> ui11
I '"■■ first
W,' '"'t t