Delta Gammas Aid
Mary Ann Geraghty. Janet Rubottom. and
Ruth Rhodes sign the petition to go national.
To foster high ideals of friendship among
its members, to promote educational and cultural interests, and to develop a true sense
of social responsibility . . . this is the purpose of Delta Gamma, founded in 1873 at
Lewis School, Oxford, Mississippi.
Delta Gamma's major philanthropy is
Sight Conservation and Aid to the Blind. In
addition they offer financial loans and
scholarships annually for study in orthopedics.
The Gamma Sigma Chapter at the University
works with the visually handicapped children
at Blackshier School. Activity wise the DG's
held pledge line, serenades, weekly supper
meetings, a spring formal, and participated
in Fiesta and Homecoming.
The chapter was headed by Mary Ann
Geraghty, president; Janet Rubottom, vice
president; Evelyn Kolar, recording secretary;
Betty Russell, corresponding secretary; Arline Dotson, treasurer; Ruth Rhodes, standards chairman; Margaret Andrews, parliamentarian; Robin McDevitt, historian; Kay
Waddell, activities; and Joyce Alford, social
The DG's serenade rushees.
Geraghty, Mary Ann
Rhodes, Ruth Marie