skip to content
Search results for
Refine your search
Keener, jo L.
Little, John S., Senio...
Robertson, J. D.
page 3 of 6 : (
add to favorites
Firefighters on a chemical truck from Station 7
Photo of Fire Station 7 located at 2403 Milam & McIlhenney taken in 1920.
Firefighters on San Jacinto street with firefighting equipment
Firefighters standing along a street next to horse-drawn fire trucks. This appears to be all the equiptment assigned to the Central Station 519 San Jacinto.
Fire chief and chauffer sitting in carriage
Tom Rovel (man with bowler hat and suit) was the 1st Fire Chief of the paid Fire Department. Pinky Bradly (in cap and vest) was his chauffer.
Rear view of chemical truck from Station 7
Photograph of brand new Chemical Truck 7 was taken at Station 7, located at 2403 Milam & McIlhenney.
Group portrait of firefighters
This photo was taken of 10 of the 35 new Houston Fire Department Fire Fighters in 1895. Firefighters identified in this photograph include: Henry Woley, Otto Kersten, and Pinky Bradly.
Chemical truck from Station 7
Photograph was taken at Station 7 located at 2403 Milam & McIlhenney. The station's first motorized fire truck sits in the center of the photograph.
Group photo of eight people in an open field.
Man standing, wearing large overalls
Captain Mike Lathrop in U.S. Marine Corp attire.
Uniformed group standing at attention
Men in U.S. Marine Corp attire standing at attention.
Firefighters of Station 12 on fire engine
Fire fighter of Station 12, 2401 Sumpter, on a fire engine. Five are in unform, while one is in civilian clothing. The fire fighter on the far left is Vernon Dorsett.
Firefighters of Station 7 with steam truck
Steamer # 7 was the last horse drawn wagon in the city, photo taken in front of St. Joseph Infirmary. Firefighters in the photograph have been identified, left to right: Riney Beecher (engineer/stoker)...
Houston Fire Department Band at Central Station
Houston Fire Department Band at Central Station. On the far left of the photo is Fire Commisioner Frank E. Mann. The far right in civilian clothes is Fire Chief Homer Lyles, and far right is the band leader...
Firefighters fighting railroad car fire at chemical plant
A group of men in hard hats stands to the right of the photograph while staring at the source of the smoke.
Firefighters of Station 3 on hose carriage
Photo taken of Stonewall Hose Co., No. 3 in 1887, located at 191 Preston at Louisana. The only fire fighter identified in the photo is Barney Moffatt.
Firefighters of Station 7 on fire engine
Hook & ladder truck from Station 7, located at 2403 Milam & McIlheney. This photograph is from the Mike Lathrop Collection, whom is on the far right. This truck is now located in the Houston Fire Museum....
Firefighters of Station 6 on fire engine
This photograph was taken at Station 6 located on Washington Ave.
Firefighters of Station 26 on fire engine
Fire Station 26, 3813 Broadway. Photo taken in 1947 shortly before Engine 26 was struck by a train, killing rookie James Lowth and injurying the whole crew. At this time, Mike Lathrop was Captain.
Fire Department Band at Central Station
One of the earliest photos of the Houston Fire Department Band, taken in front of the Central Station. The band is arranged in two rows.
Firefighters of Station 7 standing next to hose wagon
Hose Wagon # 7 was the last horse drawn wagon in the city. Photo taken in front of St. Joseph Infirmary. Firefighters in the photograph have been identified, left to right: Doc "Cary"; Nick Burello, Mike...
Firefighters standing outside Central Fire Station
This Fire Station was built in 1903 and housed about 40 fire fighters.
add to favorites
page 3 of 6 : (
© 2013 The University of Houston, 114 University Libraries, Houston, TX 77204-2000 (713) 743-1050
State of Texas