skip to content
Search results for
Refine your search
October 22, 1939
page 1 of 2 : (
add to favorites
Houston emergency service vehicles
The equipment in the photograph of new fire trucks assigned to Station 1 includes Engine 1, from 79 Sea Grave and pictured second from right, and Ladder 2, from 79 American La France and pictured on the...
Houston Fire Department Band at Central Station
Houston Fire Department Band at Central Station. On the far left of the photo is Fire Commisioner Frank E. Mann. The far right in civilian clothes is Fire Chief Homer Lyles, and far right is the band leader...
Houston Fire Station 1
Station 1 was located on Bagby Street. The monument to the Houston Fire Department volunteers, dedicated in 1900, can be seen to the right of the flagpole.
Fire fighter on the left is Nick Salem Station 3 C Shift; fire Fighter on the right is Al Goebel, Station 37 C Shift.
Group photo of Station 28 firefighters and dalmatian
Group photo of Station 28 firefighters. Left to right they are: Howard McBee, Jame Chandler, Wayne Lankord, Ed Ceaser, and H. Little. The dog's name is Domino.
Mayor cutting ribbon at new fire station
Fire Station location unknown. From left to right: Chief Fred Hooker, Unknown, Mayor Louie Welch, Chief Jim Honea, City Councilman Frank E. Mann, Fire Chief Jake Cook, and Chief W. O. Hunter.
Houston Fire Department Band
Group picture of the Houston Fire Department Band with their bass drum in the center. A title and a date are written at the bottom of the picture, and a caption is pasted above the band.
Firefighters fighting building fire with fire engine 8
Multi Alarm Fire, Engine 8 is on the far right of this photo.
Firefighters of Station 7 with steam truck 7
Steamer # 7 at a landfill fire. Firefighters in the photograph are identified as, left to right: Mike Lathrop, Poop (?), Magerson Smith.
Firefighters spraying water on building fire
This fire took place in the mid to late 1930's. The equipment on the right with fire fighter spraying water was a commandeered civilian book truck and was put to use by the Houston Fire Department.
Firefighters of Station 7 with steam truck
Steamer # 7 was the last horse drawn wagon in the city, photo taken in front of St. Joseph Infirmary. Firefighters in the photograph have been identified, left to right: Riney Beecher (engineer/stoker)...
Firefighters at multiple alarm fire with Downtown Station equipment
Photgraph of a large fire at night. The left side of the photo shows a Ward LaFrance platform pumper, shown raised and operating with a heavy stream nozzle. The right of the photo is a ladder truck, shown...
Firefighters fighting railroad car fire at chemical plant
A group of men in hard hats stands to the right of the photograph while staring at the source of the smoke.
Firefighters of Station 7 on fire engine
Hook & ladder truck from Station 7, located at 2403 Milam & McIlheney. This photograph is from the Mike Lathrop Collection, whom is on the far right. This truck is now located in the Houston Fire Museum....
Firefighters of Station 7 standing next to hose wagon
Hose Wagon # 7 was the last horse drawn wagon in the city. Photo taken in front of St. Joseph Infirmary. Firefighters in the photograph have been identified, left to right: Doc "Cary"; Nick Burello, Mike...
Collage of various firefighters and fire stations
Proof from a promotional book showing various stations. Top left to right 10,9,7,2 Chief Boyd, middle Seibert, 2nd Edward Franks, 3, Central Ladder truck (Texas Ave side), Central (Texas and San Jacinto),...
Group photo of Station 24 firefighters standing in front of fire engine
Station 24 temporary quarters before they built permanent station. Firefighters in the photograph have been identified, left to right: Nelson (pipeman), L.W. Ruby (pipeman), J.P. Eskew (driver), L.R. Brackman...
Station 17 firefighters on fire engine
Photograph taken in 1944 of Fire Station 17, located at 319 Sampson. The fire fighter on the far right is Buster Green very early in his career when he was 17 years old. The man to the left of Buster Green...
Firefighters standing next to fire engine
Firefighters identified in the photograph include: A.C. Green (at wheel), Nick Leatherwood (left), Travis Goad (right), and Taylor (sitting).
Two firefighters of Station 18
Photograph taken in 1945 of Station 18, located on Telephone Road. The two firefighters have been identified as Captain Andrew C. "Tiger" Tipps (left) and Alvin C. "Buster" Green (right).
add to favorites
page 1 of 2 : (
© 2013 The University of Houston, 114 University Libraries, Houston, TX 77204-2000 (713) 743-1050
State of Texas