skip to content
Search results for
Refine your search
Little, John S., Senio...
page 1 of 7 : (
add to favorites
Group portrait of firefighters from Station 28
Group portrait of firefighters from Station 28 standing in front of the station. Three fire trucks and a car sit behind the group. Captain John S. Little Jr. is the person at the far left.
Houston Fire Department Band at Central Station
Houston Fire Department Band at Central Station. On the far left of the photo is Fire Commisioner Frank E. Mann. The far right in civilian clothes is Fire Chief Homer Lyles, and far right is the band leader...
Fire Department Band at Central Station
One of the earliest photos of the Houston Fire Department Band, taken in front of the Central Station. The band is arranged in two rows.
Group photo of Station 24 firefighters standing in front of fire engine
Station 24 temporary quarters before they built permanent station. Firefighters in the photograph have been identified, left to right: Nelson (pipeman), L.W. Ruby (pipeman), J.P. Eskew (driver), L.R. Brackman...
Fire alarm building
This fire alarm building was built in 1937. Prior to that fires were dispatched out of the Central Fire Station.
Fire Station 17 and fire engines
Two firetrucks in front of Fire Station 17. Both are light in color. The station was built in 1910 and changed to Station 17 in 1926.
Group photo of Fire Station 34 firefighters
Group photo of Fire Station 34 firefighters. Two vehicles are parked in the station garage behind the firefighters.
Group photo of Station 24 firefighters
Group photo of Station 24 firefighters in uniform. The station number and the date are written at the bottom of the photograph.
Station 7's Mike Lathrop with horse
Mike Lathrop with one of their horses in front of Station 7. Note the address of the Fire Station on the front of the water trough.
Firefighters outside Station 2
This Fire Station 2 was located on York street. The building still exists but has not been a fire station since the 1970s.
Houston Fire Chief standing next to emergency vehicle
This photograph of Chauffeur J. P. Morgan was taken outside of Station 5.
Firefighters standing outside Fire Station 13 with 1941 Mack pumper, B shift
This photograph was given to Scott Mellott by Charlie Sontag. Six fire fighters stand in front of Houston Fire Department Station 13.
Chemical truck from Station 7
Photograph was taken at Station 7 located at 2403 Milam & McIlhenney. The station's first motorized fire truck sits in the center of the photograph.
Central station firefighters standing with water tower truck
The Water tower was purchased by the Houston Fire Department in 1912. Far left on ground is John L. Little Senior. The Central station can be seen in the background.
Fire fighter on the left is Nick Salem Station 3 C Shift; fire Fighter on the right is Al Goebel, Station 37 C Shift.
Group photo of Station 28 firefighters and dalmatian
Group photo of Station 28 firefighters. Left to right they are: Howard McBee, Jame Chandler, Wayne Lankord, Ed Ceaser, and H. Little. The dog's name is Domino.
Mayor cutting ribbon at new fire station
Fire Station location unknown. From left to right: Chief Fred Hooker, Unknown, Mayor Louie Welch, Chief Jim Honea, City Councilman Frank E. Mann, Fire Chief Jake Cook, and Chief W. O. Hunter.
Group photo of firefighters from Station 1
Group photo of firefighters from Station 1. The man in the top left corner has been identified as Mike Lathrop.
Station 54 crash truck next to car
Brand new Crash Truck 254 on its way to the Intercontinental Airport and new Fire Station 54.
Station 28 firefighter and dalmatian in fire engine
Captain Jarvis Little with the station mascot Domino.
add to favorites
page 1 of 7 : (
© 2013 The University of Houston, 114 University Libraries, Houston, TX 77204-2000 (713) 743-1050
State of Texas