skip to content
Search results for
Refine your search
Little, John S., Senio...
page 1 of 7 : (
add to favorites
Central station firefighters standing with water tower truck
The Water tower was purchased by the Houston Fire Department in 1912. Far left on ground is John L. Little Senior. The Central station can be seen in the background.
Chemical truck from Station 7
Photograph was taken at Station 7 located at 2403 Milam & McIlhenney. The station's first motorized fire truck sits in the center of the photograph.
Collage of various firefighters and fire stations
Proof from a promotional book showing various stations. Top left to right 10,9,7,2 Chief Boyd, middle Seibert, 2nd Edward Franks, 3, Central Ladder truck (Texas Ave side), Central (Texas and San Jacinto),...
Fire alarm building
This fire alarm building was built in 1937. Prior to that fires were dispatched out of the Central Fire Station.
Fire Department Band at Central Station
One of the earliest photos of the Houston Fire Department Band, taken in front of the Central Station. The band is arranged in two rows.
Fire Station 17 and fire engines
Two firetrucks in front of Fire Station 17. Both are light in color. The station was built in 1910 and changed to Station 17 in 1926.
Firefighter from Station 60 testing fire hose
Crew testing the new "High Pressure" Booster line. One firefighter is spraying water on the lawn in front of the fire station while another firefighter watches from behind.
Firefighter looking over fence
Cary Carroll, Station 3 C Shift looking over a fence with ladder in view.
Firefighter Mike Lathrop
Photo of firefighter Make Lathrop standing next to a truck in front of Station 26, 3813 Broadway taken in 1947.
Firefighter of Station 7 sitting on a chemical truck
Photo taken of Station 7 located at 2403 Milam & McIlhenney in 1920. A firefighter is sitting at the wheel of a chemical truck.
Firefighter of Station 7 standing next to chemical truck
Photo taken of Station 7 located at 2403 Milam & McIlhenney in 1920.
Firefighters at multiple alarm fire with Downtown Station equipment
Photgraph of a large fire at night. The left side of the photo shows a Ward LaFrance platform pumper, shown raised and operating with a heavy stream nozzle. The right of the photo is a ladder truck, shown...
Firefighters from Station 15 spraying water on building fire
Firefighters from Station 15 spraying water on building fire. One group of firefighters is in the foreground, while another group is in the back.
Firefighters of Station 1 cleaning Engine 1
This photograph was taken at Station 1, located at 410 Bagby. Amado Garzia has been identified as the man in the middle.
Firefighters of Station 11 on fire engine
The truck was an American LaFrance. Photo from came from the collection of John S. Little Sr. He is the fire fighter in the white hat.
Firefighters of Station 12 on fire engine
Fire fighter of Station 12, 2401 Sumpter, on a fire engine. Five are in unform, while one is in civilian clothing. The fire fighter on the far left is Vernon Dorsett.
Firefighters of Station 18 on fire engine
Photo taken in front of Station 18, located on Telephone Road. Behind the wheel is Henry Levy; next to him is John S. Little Sr.
Firefighters of Station 18 standing next to fire engine
The firefighter of Station 18, standing in fromt of a fire engine. Left to right they are Joe Pollett-Chauffeur, Bob Swisher-Pipe, Captain A.C. “Buster” Green, and Ladderman David Ward-Pipe.
Firefighters of Station 25 on balcony of burning apartment
Crew of Engine 25, Duran,Lutton, Reed,and Hopkins. The man in the distance has been identified as Captain Reed.
Firefighters of Station 26 on fire engine
Fire Station 26, 3813 Broadway. Photo taken in 1947 shortly before Engine 26 was struck by a train, killing rookie James Lowth and injurying the whole crew. At this time, Mike Lathrop was Captain.
add to favorites
page 1 of 7 : (
© 2013 The University of Houston, 114 University Libraries, Houston, TX 77204-2000 (713) 743-1050
State of Texas