skip to content
Search results for
Refine your search
Kenneth Bentsen Associ...
Staub, Rather, and How...
Golemon & Rolfe [archi...
Cato, Lamar Q. [archit...
Neuhaus + Taylor [arch...
page 1 of 5 : (
add to favorites
Aerial view of Bates College of Law
Aerial view of Bates College of Law. The Bates College of Law is one of the buildings within the UH Law Center. The building was initially occupied in 1969 and the architects were Freeman & Van Ness.
Aerial view of campus (1980)
Aerial view of campus with downtown Houston in the background. In 1936, the University of Houston acquired nearly 110 acres for a permanent campus from donations from Ben Taub and the Settegast estate....
Architects of the Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture building, John Burgee and Philip Johnson, pose with the building model
Architects John Burgee (left) and Philip Johnson (right) pose with a model of the College of Architecture building. The College of Architecture building houses the Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture,...
Architectural drawing of campus
Photograph of architectural drawing of campus. In 1936, the University of Houston acquired nearly 110 acres for a permanent campus from donations from Ben Taub and the Settegast estate. The school began...
Architectural drawing of original M.D. Anderson Library with blue and brown wing additions
Photograph of architectural drawing showing the original 1951 building, the 1968 eight-story addition, and the 1977 five-story addition. The architectural drawing was executed during the 1980s for a proposed...
Architectural drawing of proposed (but never built) south wing of the M.D. Anderson Library
Photograph of architectural drawing of proposed South Wing, M.D. Anderson Library. The architectural drawing was executed for a proposed South Wing addition during the 1980s that was never built. The drawing...
Architectural drawing of Science & Research Building 2
Photograph of architectural drawing, Science & Research Building 2. The Science & Research Building 2 houses the College of Pharmacy, the Pharmacy Library, and the advising department for the Biology and...
Architectural drawing of the Computing Center
Photograph of architectural drawing, Computing Center. The Computing Center houses the Texas Center for Computational and Information Sciences and the University of Houston High Performance Computing Center....
Architectural model of Cougar Place
Photograph of architectural model, Cougar Place. Cougar Place is a university residence hall. The residence hall was initially occupied in 1981. The architects were the Bernard Johnson Assoc.
Architectural model of LeRoy and Lucile Melcher Hall
Architectural model of Melcher Hall. LeRoy and Lucile Melcher Hall is home to the C.T. Bauer College of Business. The building was originally occupied and dedicated in September of 1986. The architects...
Architectural model of the Communication Building
Photograph of architectural model, Communication Building. The Communication Building houses the Houstonian, the Daily Cougar, the Office of Student Publications, and the Wortham Theatre Complex. The building...
Bird's eye exterior view of the original Architecture building
The University's architecture building was initially occupied in 1954 and demolished in 1986 when the new College of Architecture building was completed. The cleared area was used for temporary trailers...
Cafeteria line at the University of Houston
Interior, cafeteria line. In 1936, the University of Houston acquired nearly 110 acres for a permanent campus from donations from Ben Taub and the Settegast estate. The school began holding classes on...
Close-up of the Fred J. Heyne Building
The Fred J. Heyne Building houses most of the departments of social science for the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences and the Center for Public Policy. The building was dedicated on September...
Color interior view of the M.D. Anderson Library brown wing
Interior, Brown Wing. M.D. Anderson Library was occupied in 1950 and dedicated on April 1, 1951. Since then, three additions have been made. The first was completed in 1968 and is known as the Blue Wing...
Construction of Cougar Place
Construction phase, Cougar Place. Cougar Place is a university residence hall. The residence hall was initially occupied in 1981. The architects were the Bernard Johnson Assoc.
Construction of Garrison Gym
Construction phase, Garrison Gym. Garrison Gym was initially a men's gymnasium but now houses the Department of Health and Human Performance, an indoor pool, and general purpose classrooms. In 1980 the...
Construction of Science & Research Building 2
Construction phase, Science & Research Building 2. The Science & Research Building 2 houses the College of Pharmacy, the Pharmacy Library, and the advising department for the Biology and Biochemistry department....
Construction of the Philip G. Hoffman Hall
Construction phase, Philip G. Hoffman Hall. Phillip G. Hoffman Hall honors the fifth President of the University of Houston 1961-1978, President of the System 1978-1980, also Vice-President, Dean of Faculties...
Couple in the Quadrangle courtyard
A couple poses in the Quadrangle courtyard. The Quadrangle is a courtyard area containing five distinct coed dorms: Bates, Law, Oberholtzer, Settegast, and Taub. All five residence halls were designed...
add to favorites
page 1 of 5 : (
© 2013 The University of Houston, 114 University Libraries, Houston, TX 77204-2000 (713) 743-1050
State of Texas