skip to content
Search results for
Refine your search
Students of the Univer...
Walker, Harry [photogr...
Finn, Alfred C. [archi...
Golemon & Rolfe [archi...
Pierce & Pierce [archi...
1929 - 1940s
1900 - 1949
page 7 of 25 : (
add to favorites
Houses one mile from explosion.
Day, Jamison M.
Dr. Jamison M. Day was interviewed on June 20, 2006 at his office in Melcher Hall, Room 290B, University of Houston, Houston, Texas. He helped organize the Neighbors-2-Neighbors Program that was instituted...
De Vries, Douwe
Pankaj Desai enjoyed an affluent childhood in Bombay where his parents had migrated in the 1930s. Originally, his ancestors were from Kindergarten through grade 12, Mr. Desai attended St. Joseph’s, a...
Velma Dickey was born in Shereveport, Louisiana in 1948. She migrated to Houston after finishing high school. She graduated third of her class. Velma's mother died two weeks before the end of the school...
Born in 1915, A. G. Domingue was raised in Carencro in a farming family. He began working as a roustabout for Superior Oil Company the summer before his senior year of high school in 1934. Although he...
Drawing of ship at port
A drawing of a paddle steamer at port. Piles of box freight sit beside the ship along with several horse-drawn carts. A train station in the background reads "Allen & Fulltons New Ware Houses".
Early construction front view of the Ezekiel Cullen Building
Construction phase, Ezekiel Cullen. The Ezekiel Cullen Building, known informally as E. Cullen, houses the offices of the President, Provost, and Vice Presidents of the University of Houston as well as...
Early construction of the Philip G. Hoffman Hall
Two men in hardhats with blueprints pose outside Phillip G. Hoffman Hall while it is under construction. The hardhats bear the names "Warren A. Hatch" and "Bill Ganache." Phillip G. Hoffman Hall honors...
Early construction phase of Agnes Arnold Hall
Construction phase, Agnes Arnold Hall. Agnes Arnold Hall was originally dedicated as the Liberal Arts Building in 1967. The building currently houses the office of the Dean of the College of Liberal Arts...
Early exterior view of the Science Building
The Science Building houses parts of the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics. The building's cornerstone reads "Erected 1939 AD Federal Emergency Administration of Public Works." The building was...
East end of Seawall Boulevard
East end of Seawall Boulevard. Sidewalk slabs can be seen in the foreground of the picture with damaged houses in the background.
Entrance to the Lamar Fleming Building
The Lamar Fleming building currently houses the Chemistry Department but has been used by other science departments in the past. The building was designed by architects MacKie and Kamrath and dedicated...
Entrance to Westmoreland residential area
Entrance road into the Westmoreland residential area, Houston, TX. Ornamental stone pillars and a wrought-iron fence delineate the boundary of the development. Westmoreland was the first of Houston's new...
John Estes worked for Bethlehem Steel from 1949-1982. He is a former manager and engineer at Bethlehem Shipyard in Beaumont, former President of Bethlehem Singapore, and former assistant VP of Bethlehem...
Evans, Sam L.
Sam Evans was a geophysicist/seismologist first with GSI in the 1950s, then with several other companies. He worked on early seismic crews in the Gulf of Mexico.
Exterior of the J. Davis Armistead Building
The J. Davis Armistead Building houses the College of Optometry, the University Eye Institute, and the Weston A. Petty Optometry Library. The groundbreaking ceremony was held on May 10, 1975 and the building...
Exterior view from the University Center
The University Center houses the Dean of Students Office and many student services. The UC also houses a variety of dining establishments as well as the University Bookstore. The University Center's groundbreaking...
add to favorites
page 7 of 25 : (
© 2013 The University of Houston, 114 University Libraries, Houston, TX 77204-2000 (713) 743-1050
State of Texas